Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Going to be a busy week

Both my freelance projects have deadlines this week, and RMS is supposed to roll out with at least the Calendar and Messaging pieces. I also have to get an import done to bring in all the people from their old system. I am using an open source project for the messaging, which supports roles and such, so I won't have to create role system from scratch, just have to integrate my stuff into it. This is definitely going to be a 1.0 release. Hopefully once it's out I'll have time to go back and do it correctly (heard that a million times). I'm probably going to have to tho, since we are going to be selling the pieces of the system.

My dad's 57th birthday is on Halloween, said he doesn't want presents "We're too old for presents". I'll probably get him at least something small anyway. Also going to talk to Niki about getting me a deal on a car. The metro doesn't like Afton all that much, esp. only running on 2 out of 3 cylinders. Going to try to get something nice for under 3Gs, then I can work on the metro and see if I can fix it, or really break it.

Tried to call the people down the road that own the strip of land between where we are going to build and the road to talk more about buying it, but whoever answered said I had the wrong number. I think he just didn't understand me, cuz it sounded like the guy I had talked to before. I'll try again tonight. I was going to talk about price initially, but I think now I just want to make sure they're still interested in selling and get the process started on surveying it and having the lawyer draw up papers or whatever. Need to get moving on the house, tired of living in a basement.

Met with the guys from BigOak last night on the RMS stuff, they seemed happy with the direction I was heading. I think Shell was a bit concerned about the calendar, as I hadn't really started on it yet, and he thinks that is one of the pieces they really want. Trying to get in touch with Rick to see if the calender he did for CMax was in .Net, if so I'll see if he'll "donate" it to me.

No comments: