Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Vacation

We actually left on time Sunday, a first I think for us. Deanna packed a lot less stuff than last year, we didn't pack as many toys and books and stuff for the kids as usual, as they don't end up using them anyway. Sunday went pretty well, Eryn and Riley did very well in the car for 4 hours. We stopped once for lunch at about 1:00, and to let Debra feed the baby. Riley was starting with a cold when we left.

Monday we went to the pool at the rec center, which is right across the street from the house, a nice plus on location there. We stayed about an hour, the little kids pool feels like it's 10 degrees colder than the big pool. Figure that one out. The kids loved it anyway. It took Riley and Eryn a little while to warm up to the pool, but once they did, they didn't want to leave. They ate a good lunch after we bot back, swimming always makes them hungry. After the twins had their nap, we went down to the beach for 45 minutes or so. They played in the sand, collected shells, and chased some seagulls. Eryn went down to the water once, and as I didn't want them getting their clothes wet, I tried to pick her up and almost dropped her back in the surf. I think I scared her a bit doing that, as she didn't go back near the water after that. She'll get over it tho, she loves water. I think the waves put her off a bit too.

The bed is killing my back, and Riley gave me the cold. We gave Riley some cold medicine last night so she could sleep. Deanna ended up getting a migrane during the night, I don't think the bed is agreeing with her either, but she always has trouble sleeping. She took some Maxalt, but that didn't help much. I don't think it turned out to be a migraine, and she took some ibuprofin later and that was helping. Today she is taking Sarah out, along with Debra, Joe, and Elyssa. She is going to take each of the older 3 out by themselves 1 day during the week to shop and spend some time alone with them. I took some cold medicine this morning also, and gave Riley some as well, we were both dragging when we got up. I'm going to try to take the kids to the rec center and let Meagan and Brenna play some arcade games, if Meagan can ever finish her homework. We may go down to walk on the beach after lunch, as I don't expect Deanna back until after that.

I have to get some work done for RMS during the week. The guys at Big Oak are looking to set up a meeting. That will have to be next week, tho I don't know when. I don't get home til 4:30, and it will take me about 30 mins to get over to the Innsbrook area to meet them. I have the messaging part going, and a good part of the classroom web pages set up, just have to finish up the management of them, and the user management. I should be able to get it done before the week is up.

No comments: