Thursday, November 04, 2004

Voting

Bush won! Yay! I went to vote early in the morning, and noticed that there was really nothing to prevent someone from just walking in and voting. They had the person there checking to see if you were registered, but they didn't give you a ticket to give to the person standing at the polling machine, so all you would have had to do is just get in line. Kinda worrisome.

Almost finished with the calendar and messaging part of RMS web site. I need to look to find a better way of doing role-based security than what I am doing. I am somewhat limited as to what I can do tho, as I am integrating 2 pre-written pieces. Using the roles from YAF message board, and a calendar I got from someone I used to work with. Once I get something out and working for RMS, I'm going to take a look at Microsoft's Authorization and Profile application block to see what I can do with that.

I need to get back on Linked-in and try to get some more customer contacts. I have about 15 people, but none have any work. Not sure how linked-in is going to pan out on stuff like that. I should also pay more attention to the neon guild mailing list to see if there is anything there that might lead to some business.

The nTelos project is going ok, but I have found that we are more behind schedule than I thought we were at the beginning of October. There is a piece at the end of the process that builds a string to send to a middleware product that executes the commands in the string on the mainframe, and I have found that there is a lot that is only stubbed out in the intermediary steps to get to that point. I have learned quite a bit about Microsoft's UIP application block (a MVS implementation), which is good. Seems to be a good framework for anything that needs to follow a series of steps. Will have to look at RMS to see if there will be any part of their site that can use something like that.

No comments: