Wednesday, November 10, 2004

MCSD

Well, I've started studying for the last test I need to take to get my MCSD.Net certification. I've taken everything but an elective, I've deceided to take the 70-330 exam (Security for VB.Net). I've always had a thing for security, so I thought I'd put it to the test. I did a couple of gigs for Whitlock on penetration testing of web sites; not quite the same as developing secure applications, but I think the same pricipals apply.

Business has slowed down, Derivia seems to be doing stuff themselves, which is ok with me for now, I have a lot to do for RMS, and still getting some work from Harmony Web. I really like the guy I've been doing work for from Harmony Web, seems really nice, and very understanding. Just had his second child about 2 months ago. If I ever go out to Chicago (doubtful), I'll have to drop by for a visit. Still haven't taken any time to try and make more contacts through LinkedIn, I will probably do that once I get a good chunk of RMS done, don't want to run out of work.

Kids are doing well, they have started roller-skating lessons, my parents are taking them on Saturday. This is a good thing, they will be getting some needed exercise. They don't get much chance to go outside now, they only have an hour before it gets dark when they get home from school. I'm going to try to get them involved in some sports this spring, depending on how things go with nTelos, and what hours I'm working, etc. Hopefully I'll be working full time for nTelos, and have pretty flexable about when I work, as long as I get at least 40/week in. Sometimes I wish for times like when I was a kid, and we could wander all over the neighborhood without worrying about getting kidnapped or worse. Times sure have changed. I sound like an old man :P

No comments: