Monday, April 25, 2005

RMS and Patternfall.com

Well, I had a relatively productive weekend finishing up the development work on Classroom pages.  I now have all functionality completed for them, only piece left is to integrate it with the security model.  All was going well until I deployed it up to the production web server.  For some reason, the UIP doesn’t appear to like the application running out of the root of the web site.  I would get screwy results where it would either send me to http://<path to the view>, or if I put the entire path to the view in the config file, I would get stuck in an endless redirect loop.  Talked to one of the guys at Amentra today, said that it had something to do with the UIP doing a string compare to “/”.   Going to have to go dig through the UIP source to see WTF is up with that.  Hopefully I’ll be able to get it fixed tonight.

 

On a plus note, Patternfall.com domain FINALLY came open to purchase, after it had been expired for about 90 days.  I bought it, then had trouble with DYNDNS already having it in their database under someone else’s account, but they took care of that pretty quickly.  I pointed my MX records over to brinkster (where the website and mail is actually hosted), but am getting an error that it doesn’t relay for that address.  The live-support guy told me to wait a while for servers to update.  I personally don’t think that’s the issue, but we’ll see tomorrow morning.

No comments: