Tuesday, February 22, 2005

untitled

Well, Deanna had a bad day yesterday.  She had a migraine pretty much all day.  Nothing seems to be working for them anymore.  I told her to tell her doctor about it when she goes in for her diabetes test.  She is supposed to call today to get in sometime this week for the test, her blood sugar levels spike whenever she eats something with sugar in it, so she may be pre-diabetic.  She has been doing the low-carb Atkins diet for a while, so that has probably kept it in check.  She also just had her thyroid checked by her gynecologist (although why he would be checking it I don't know), and had blood work done for that, and it checked out normal.  She is also doing a store bought test for pre-menopause, but you're supposed to test twice, about 2 weeks apart, she has another week to wait for that one.  She's trying to figure out why she has been feeling exhausted all the time.  The first test from the pre-menopause kit said she was normal.  I hope something is found soon, the constant exhaustion is driving me up the wall, because it makes her moody and bitchy.  I'm sure it's not pleasant for her either.

 

The three older kids all got their report cards recently, they are all doing excellent in school.  It's been relatively warm here recently, so I've been taking them outside when I get home in the evening.  I need to get a bigger swing-set for them, the one we have only has 3 swings on it, and it is pretty short.  I may do something like my dad did, and put a board up between a couple of trees to hang the swings from.  I want to get them some of the nice playground equipment that parks have, or some of the tube things that are in the fast-food restaurants.  We are planning an un-birthday party for them on May 14th, we're going to rent an inflatable moon bounce, an snow-cone machine, and a cotton candy machine.  Deanna also bought a bunch of prizes to give out to them.  We're going to let them invite 5 friends each (not including siblings of friends, who can come as well), and any kids from the family that want to come as well, so there will probably be 25-30 kids there.  Hope to get my parents, Kim, and some of the other kids parents to stay and help keep them corralled.  They're going to love it, I'm sure.

 

 

No comments: