Sunday, February 20, 2005

Aging

I just joined the Methuselah 300 group.  Check out the web site: www.mprize.org.  You should also join up, give as much as you can, it's a worthy cause, aging is a disease no one has survived yet. Maybe soon that won't be the case.
 
 

I have yet to have my meeting with the person at NTelos who is supposed to be hiring me.  My contract is up on the 28th, I hate when people leave something like this until the last minute.  I have a feeling that I'm not going to be particularly happy with what they offer me, but thankfully I have 3 other irons in the fire, so I don't have to take it if I don't want to.  I hope it works out though, I do like it there.  I've been doing a lot of updating of my links this week, I just discovered the virtues RSS news readers, and have been moving a lot of stuff I just had bookmarked into a RSS reader, hopefully that will save me some time reading, as I don't have to visit the sites now to know if there is something new on them.
 
Just got my corporate taxes paid, wasn't too bad, the dates said that corporate taxes weren't due until March 15, but I haven't been paying estimated taxes, so I don't know if I owe late penalties or not.  I'll try to talk to my accountant about it at some point, but I'm not too worried about it, I didn't owe that much anyway.
 
The house is still moving along at a snails pace.  I did find out today that the guy across the street is willing to deed us driveway access through his land to the road, so that will help out.  Now I just have to get the in-laws moving on deeding the piece of land we are going to build the house on to us.  That seems to be the sticking place at this point.

No comments: