Saturday, February 26, 2005

More RMS

I got the solution completely restructured now, and I have all the layers defined, and a couple of functions working in each layer, right now centered on updating/creating new users for the site.  Now that the base stuff is complete, adding new functionality to it is easy, and I hope to have all the functionality they initially wanted complete by next weekend.  The only issue I can see taking much time is security on the pages, as that isn’t part of the framework that was constructed.  I’m going to have to look at incorporating that into the framework at some point, but right now I have another framework that I can use, it just won’t be as easy to use or maintain at the moment.  I’d go ahead and incorporate it, but that will take considerably more time than the kluge way, and I want to get the initially functionality out there ASAP.  I’ll have time to go back and retrofit it later.  Hopefully it won’t be too much data conversion involved, if any at all.

Still really busy at NTelos during the day, their rollout to production is scheduled for 3/31, and there is quite a bit to go before we’re ready for that, especially considering that we have to leave time for the ICMS (an AS/400 program) people to go through and check to make sure the stuff we’re putting into their databases looks correct, and make that billing cycles run.

School was out on Friday due to snow.  Once it had stopped, we all went out and played in it, the kids loved it, and the snow was just about perfect, just the right amount of wet to make great snowballs and snowmen, but not too wet to get you soaked and freezing.  We stayed out in it for about an hour before they got cold and ready to go in.  That was only the 2nd real snow we’ve had this year, which is a little low for us.  Don’t get me started on global warming though, the fact that these morons pushing that the earth is warming up just drives me up the wall!  The fact that they have maybe 100 to 150 years worth of data, and the Earth’s climate probably changes in cycles that are at least thousands of years long doesn’t deter them from screaming that people are causing the planet to heat up dramatically.  This kind of politicized “science” drives me up the wall.  Oh well, I have bigger fish to fry than that for now.  Have to choose my battles, or I’ll have no time for any of them.

No comments: