Tuesday, February 22, 2005

RMS

I’ve gotten a lot of work done on the RMS project I’ve been working on since June(?).  I have restructured the solution to incorporate all the parts that I purchased/obtained(open source) into something of a whole, still have a little bit of work to do there, but it is coming along quite nicely.  I am incorporating a lot of what I have learned from the Amentra team that has been mentoring the NTelos people.  The framework they have set up is quite nice to work with, and makes things very easy to maintain, and easily extensible.  This should go well with the project, as we are planning on customizing/extending it as necessary for different types of clients we plan on selling it to (schools, churches, sports teams, etc).

 

My contact at Harmony Web has sent me some info on a .Net project he may be getting, supposed to be hearing back from them soon, which would be nice as opposed to the VB6 work he normally has.  The guy from Derivia that I did some report work for sends me this nasty email the other day after I email him 3 different times about the bill that he hasn’t paid that is over 60 days late.  Says the quality of the work was poor.  I felt like writing back that if he actually gave me some requirements, and definitions to work with, and MAYBE if he actually paid his bills, well, then I may have been more inclined to do the work, but I restrained myself.  I just consoled myself by re-depositing the first check he wrote (90 days past due), since it was returned NSF.  In his defense he did send a cashier’s check, but my kids managed to get hold of it somehow, so he had to put a stop payment on it.  Supposedly his bank waits 90 days before they put the funds back.  I waited exactly 90 days from when he said he put the stop payment on it.  That was about 5 days ago, bastard better have the money in the account.  Ah well.

 

I found out about another DUG, this one in Charlottesville.  The organizer is a professor of technology at UVA, Eric Meier.  Mike was going to speak there tonight, but I don’t have time this week.  Hopefully I’ll be able to go to some of these meetings soon and make some contacts, I’d like to get some more contract work going.

No comments: