Friday, March 23, 2018

Today's Exercise: What is your dream goal?

So with the motivation series on headspace the exercise is to ask yourself a question and notice the feeling the question evokes, but not to answer the question (difficult to do).  Todays question was "What is your dream goal?"  I was actually pretty successful in the exercise and didn't try for answers, and did notice an immediate evocation of excitement at the question, almost like an electrical surge.  Pretty cool that just asking yourself the question can do something like that.

In other areas, I'm likely to be offered a permanent position with my current contract, so I get the joy of going through and comparing benefits to the ones I have with my contract agency, changing benefits if I accept, setting all that up again with every doctor.   Whee.

I've been slowly working on a website for IT people looking for "part time" positions.  I don't see much in the way out there as far as resource for this type of work.  It's probably a pretty niche market, but I think people will look for more of this in the future.  I know I would prefer to have several part time positions (if only your health benefits weren't so tied to your employer, but this will change as well) than one full time one, so I don't have all my eggs in one basket.

No comments: