Monday, March 05, 2018

State of the nation

Something else I just have to get out, I've written about this before.  From what I'm seeing and what I'm anticipating almost 2 years from now a lot more people need to read and absorb the concept.  We are becoming so polarized as a nation that I fear in the next presidential election we're going to tear ourselves apart.  This may be coming earlier due to Trump being president than it would have otherwise, but I think it would still be coming in the next several election cycles.  My reasoning on why Trump as accelerated this is that he is willing to use far more divisive tactics to win than most politicos.  We have become so divided that we no longer see the "other" side(s)0 as people/human, and are willing to call out for the death (or worse!) of those that hold opposing views to our own.  I don't see how people that hold these kinds of views can continue to function as a civil society.  I've read several accounts on the breakdown of modern countries into SHTF situations (Bosnia was the latest I've read) and it seems to me that we're getting perilously close to the point where societies break down.  One of the big signs that I've seen is that once people start dehumanizing the "other" side(s), they feel it is OK to take rights away from said groups, not understanding they are also removing those rights from themselves, and that's a road we don't want to travel down.  I fear that the results of the next election will result in a not peaceful transition/extension.

No comments: