Saturday, October 01, 2005

Soccer Saturday

Kids and I went camping in the back yard last night.  This was the second time, and I think we're ready to go to a campground next time.  We got new sleeping bags for the kids, as they youth ones they had are only good down to 50.  The tent was a bit smaller than I thought, and only 3 of the 4 air mattresses fit in the tent, but we did OK on just the 3.  I cooked hot dogs and hamburgers on a little propane grill while the girls set up the tent.  They did pretty good with it, only couldn't figure out how to get the pieces to hold the front and back flaps up, which even took me a few minutes to figure out how to do.

We had soccer games today, 2 at 9 and 1 at 11:30.  Sarah's team won, but we only had 3 players, and the other coach was a really good sport and gave us 2 of his (he had 7) so we played 5 on 5.  I think one of his players scored as much as the rest of ours, but half of them were for the wrong team.  He would just kick it into any goal whenever the ball got close to one.  It was a really fun game, all the kids had a good time, I don't think they cared if they won or lost, I don't even know if they knew when the game was over, which is how it should be at that age.  Meagan's team is getting better, but they couldn't get the ball into they goal, they lost 2-0, but kept the ball on the other teams side of the field most of the game.  I didn't catch most of the game, I help coach Sarah's team, so I only got the last 15 minutes of Meagan's.  Deanna watched some though, and what I saw was the same, she is still not going after the ball, just walking around most of the time.  Brenna's team played at 11:30, and they were up 2-0 after the first half, but ended up losing 3-2.  Brenna is doing a better job keeping her mind on the game, but she still needs some work on running, that or working on where she needs to be, as I don't think she's ever going to be the fastest player.  She does pretty well on defense, keeping between the ball and the goal most of the time, but once someone gets behind here, she can't catch them.  The coach put her on offense, and she doesn't do so well with that, she's a bit timid when she's playing the game, but not when we practice at home, hopefully that will go away with experience.  They all said they had fun, that's the most important thing, but I do hope Meagan's team wins one soon.

No comments: