Sunday, September 18, 2005

Soccer

Kids all had their first Soccer games yesterday, they all played well, but all lost.  Meagan got bent out of shape over it for a while.  I wouldn't mind if she lost a bunch, she needs to learn how to have fun whether she wins or loses the game.  I think she had fun playing, just got mad that they lost.  Brenna did ok, but she needs some confidence and to learn to go after the ball.  Sarah's team did really well, the other team had a ringer that kept running away with the ball and scoring for them, but we did ok, lost 5-3.  Sarah did good, she knows to go to the ball and which way to kick it.  The whole team needs to learn defense when the other team starts running away with the ball.  They all go running toward the goal, even passing the ball carrier, but don't know to kick it away from them!  We all had a good time, but it was a bit hot, got up to 34, and sunny with no shade.  I'm going to look for a couple goals to practice with them, one the big girls size and one Sarah's size.  I'm going to start leaving at 3:00 again, I was working some overtime to make up for the day I missed, I've made up all but 3 of it, so I can go in 30 mins early for a week and have it done.  Should be able to get in some practice then before we have to come in to let Deanna fix dinner.

No comments: