Wednesday, September 14, 2005

RMS, etc.

Well, the RMS portal kinda fell through.  I didn't really have the time necessary to get the parts they wanted working 100%, and BigOak didn't get a chance to review it until the week before they wanted to go live.  RMS decided to keep the calendar part, and I refunded the rest of the money to them.  I'm still going to work on when I have time, but that won't be for a while I think.  Getting the house built is going to take quite a bit of time and attention.  I need to find time to go to dinner with a guy that contacted me middle of August about doing some freelance work.
We got the location for the house marked, and the loan stuff is going through.  The land should be getting percolation tested sometime in the next 2 weeks. I just got in touch with one of the people I used to work with at Albright & Wilson, and one of my friends from Patrick Henry.  They guy from A&W is down in Baton Rouge, LA, they came through the hurricane ok, lots of wind and rain, but they aren't below sea level.
I've been keeping in touch with one of the guys from Amentra that I worked with at NTelos, Rich.  We like to discuss politics, he sends me the dems viewpoint, I send him the reps.  We get into some pretty good discussions.  Haven't talked to the others that much, email once in a while.
I'm going to lunch with the old Dynex gang this Friday, haven't seen them in about a year now, will be good to talk with them again.  I went to lunch with the Suntrust gang when I first moved over to Wachovia, they're still putting up with the same old stuff.  Glad I got out of there, just wish i had done it sooner.
Wachovia is going ok, nothing too exciting at the moment, converting an app from MSSQL to Oracle, and can't use stored procedures, which is somewhat of a headache.  Dunno if they are going to keep me on after this project or not, we'll see.  One of the PM's there is looking to maybe form a startup after his contract is up, and may be looking for .Net people, not sure if I want to do that or not, but if it takes off there may be some money in it.

No comments: