Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Weekend

We had a busy weekend, soccer on saturday, camping in the yard saturday night, and Kings Dominion on sunday.

Breanna's team won, Meagan's and Sarah's both lost, Meagan was 3-1 I think, and Sarah's was 3-2. I saw some of the game before Sarah's, in the same league, the two best teams were playing, it was quite something to watch. They were really good for their age range. Meagan's team didn't play as well as they did last week, but they did ok. I didn't get to watch much of Brenna's game, it started in the middle of Meagan's, and Sarah's started right after it ended, so I had to go help them get ready. Games were late last week, 10:00, 10:30 and 11:30.

Because of the late games, I decided not to try camping at another location, as it was dark before Deanna got back from doing the grocery shopping this was a good plan. We had hamburgers and smores, the kids put the tent up pretty much by themselves, but the air pump broke right before they were done inflating the last air mattress. This was the one Sarah and I were sleeping on. I tried blowing it up, and got it inflated, but they have both a screw-on top and a valve for something, and I think I forgot to plug the valve, either that or it has a hole in it, and it deflated. I don't do well sleeping on the ground, I was waking up every hour or so.

Sunday we went to Kings Dominion, it was the last day of the season, and season passholders only. It was quite a bit less crowded than normal. The twins and lissa got to ride 3 or 4 rides, then we got lunch. After lunch Meagan, Debra, David and I rode the Volcano, then Deanna rode the scrambler with Brenna and Sarah. Meagan and David then went to ride the Rebel Yell and Hypersonic, Deanna and Sarah rode the Triple Spin, and the rest of us rode on the Carosel. The last thing we did was see the Spongebob 3D movie and get ice cream and funnel cake. Everyone had a good time, we had a pretty good weekend.

My mom was finishing up her certifications so she could teach water aerobics, that's why the kids were home, and she finished successfully. Congratulations Mom!

I got a call from my cousin Niki yesterday, she got engaged (I presume over the weekend), and is going to be getting married this summer. I jokingly asked her when the kids were coming (joking since she's always said she's not having any), and she said the were going to probably start trying next winter! Cool! I know Kenny is happy, as his son is also getting married this summer, both kids getting married in the same year. Congratulations Niki!

No comments: